Half Day Positive Handling Training
Time is very precious in any school calendar and releasing staff for a full day can pose significant issues to the day to day running of
a school. Why not opt for a half day training session where staff will gain a good understanding of their rights and responisbilities in terms of the Law as well as becoming confident with L2
Positive Handling techniques?
By attending a Half Day Training Session led by School Positive Handling, you will:
- Gain a basic understanding of current legislation relating to issues that can arise when dealing with aggression or
- Examine the requirements of Health & Safety statute and associated regulations and understand how they apply to physical
restraint in school;
- Understand the DfE Guidance on the Use of Reasonable Force in schools, including the recommendations of techniques not to be
- Evaluate the risks associated with restraint and how to minimise those risks;
- Risk assess your own safety when dealing with a potentially aggressive or violent child or young person;
- Learn how to apply non-harmful methods of control e.g. prompting, escorting/guiding, holding;
- Learn and practise memorable, low level least intrusive positive handling techniques;
- Demonstrate and explain how to gradually de-escalate and relax restraint to allow the pupil being restrained to regain
- Know and understand the requirements for recording any use of restrictive force and how the information can be used to inform Behaviour
We are happy to deliver half day courses to schools, academy trusts and colleges where staff come together to off-set training costs.
Contact us today, with no obligation, to discuss your training needs.
Telephone: 01924 891080 or 07581562669